Monday, October 02, 2006

Wal-Mart: Making Baby Jesus Cry since 1962

Wal-Mart to Add More Part-Timers and Wage Caps
- NY Times

Oh good, more part-time, under-trained, under-enthused expectant teenage mothers to look at me petulantly and break into tears when I ask, "umm what aisle can I find the little floating silicon coolies that keep my imported beer cold while I'm watching TV in the hot tub?"

Don't Wal-Mart workers have it bad enough? They already have to wear those stupid blue smocks all day, sport a murderous-rage-inspiring happy face pin, smile at idiots like me and clean up every form of bodily fluid from toddlers and drunken old men alike.

How did the decision to cut their wages go down anyways?
Johnson: Hey Stevens, who should we fuck in the ass today?
Stevens: Hrm... well I'm way too coked up to think of something new... lets drop trou on our support staff again.

They've even quashed all attempts by workers to win back some dignity by joining a union with a fervour reminiscent of Tiananmen Square. The only ones that came close were the French Canadians and I'm pretty sure they just decided to close the store all together.

As a result, I have decided to boycott Wal-Mart indefinitely. Granted, I only go into Wal-Mart about 2 or 3 times a year; usually when I've forgotten Mother's Day or some other occasion that requires a card and a small gift 10 minutes before you're supposed to be there. Even then, I usually don't mind taking the extra 30 mins to make a few stops at smaller, specialty stores like Zellers or A Buck or Two. Nevertheless, the boycott stands, Wal-Mart be warned.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

walmart like all hartco stores should be avoided. i am with you on the boycott.

according to hartco walmart should be emulated as they have very happy employees. wtf? seriously?

-pw

3:53 p.m. EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home