Monday, October 16, 2006

Operation Find Papers

Canada troops battle 10-foot Afghan marijuana plants
- CNN

Ah yes, pot, the unexpected and potent enemy that has been ruining young Canadian's lives for decades. Who knew that Canada's elite would have to go all the way to Afghanistan to finally meet it on the battlefield and settle the score? They could have conducted the training excercise in the fields around my old home town.

At least we know that the troops best suited to handle a weed issue are on the job. Imagine if it were US troops that came across those plants. They'd probably settle in and start selling it to locals in the name of 'restoring freedom and democracy.'

I would love to see an entire armored car covered in pot plants too. I actually can't believe this article didn't include an image of that. It has Pulitzer written all over it.

I don't know what's harder to believe, that they used white phosphorus to try and burn down the plants or that it wasn't successful. I mean it's PLANTS... what happened to just cutting them down? Did they tap the engineer corps for this one? They may have had better results from the enlisted men. If the US is in Iraq for oil, maybe THIS is why Canada is in Afghanistan... we're conducting research vital to improving our no. 1 international export.

I think they just weren't trying hard enough to clear those plants. I know a few people that could have had them trimmed, cured and bagged before you could say 'durka durka.'

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

OMG. haha
that's too funny.

there was drugbust down the street from my school once
and it was a PT Crusier full of marijuanna plants. aha. =P

11:51 p.m. EDT  
Blogger sarah said...

As I said: "I mean it's PLANTS... what happened to just cutting them down?" is the funniest thing ever. But I think everything you say is hilarious.

2:06 p.m. EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home